1 Week Course in Vélez-Málaga, Spain. Release: July / August 2022.
Erasmus+ Spanish language, and History of Spanish Literature Course
Vélez-Málaga is a literary city that worked as an inspiration in several moments for the famous Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes and his universal work Don Quixote. Cervantes was living and working in Vélez-Málaga in Auturn of 1594. He fell in love so much with this city that he decided to introduce it inside the most famous book ever written in Spanish: Don Quixote. Immerse yourself in the rich Hispanic literature in Vélez-Málaga the city proclaimed by Cervantes as the “land of freedom”.
You can find this city in Don Quixote in this quote: «¡Gracias sean dadas a Dios, señores, que a tan buena parte nos ha conducido! Porque, si yo no me engaño la tierra que pisamos es la de Vélez Málaga».
Any language is not only a communication tool, it is a design and creative tool as well. In that sense, Spanish has been one of the most prolific and fruitful languages in the world with writers like Gabriel García Márquez, Federico García Lorca, Machado, Góngora, Quevedo, Bécquer, Rosalía de Castro, Borges, Calderón de la Barca, Lope de Vega, Rubén Darío, Juan Ramón Jiménez, Neruda, Camilo José Cela, Teresa of Avila, Juan de la Cruz, or Garcilaso de la Vega.
Activities: Local excursion included.
Methods: Digital explanation, Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Socratic dialogue.
- Introduction to the Spanish language.
- History and origins of Spanish language and literature.
- The Golden Age.
- Romanticism and Literary Realism.
- Generation’27. The Silver Age.
- Contemporary Literature in Spanish.
- Generate a practical working use of the Spanish language.
- Know the main periods of Hispanic literature.
- Discover the most iconic masterpiece of Hispanic literature.
- Understand the greatest writers in the Spanish language and their works.
- Enjoy Spanish music, dance, folklore, traditions, and the main festival of Spain.
Book this course now!Do you like this course? Do you have a group of assistants in your school, educational centre or organisation to come to Spain? Book now and we will contact you as soon as possible to arrange all the details.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English - Spanish
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes