1 Week Course in Vélez-Málaga, Spain. Release: July / August 2022.
Erasmus+ Spanish History and culture of the Hispanic civilization Course
Founded by the Phoenicians in the 8th century BC. Gadir (Cadiz) is the oldest city in Europe. Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Carthaginians along with Iberians, Celts, and Tartessians all left their track during Antiquity in the Iberian peninsula, making this part of Europe one of the most important centers of the Mediterranean classical civilization. They were followed by Visigoths, Vandals, Swabians, Jews, Arabs, and Berbers, starting the Middle Age, being Al-Andalus the big star of this historical period. Al-Andalus along with Cordoga as its capital city became the greatest civilizational cultural phare of Europe for nearly a thousand years.
After the creation and development of the Northern kingdoms and the union in a single crown of Spain, Spanish ships raised the first great globalization of the Modern Age, discovering a new world, new lands, cultures, ideas, trade routes that reached China and India and let the arrival of products like tomatoes, potatoes, corn or the profusion of spices, and the Spanish discovery of chocolate. As long as the art, the language, and Spanish culture were sown throughout America and even Oceania through innumerable cities and universities, a new civilization was raised with universal aspiration: the Hispanidad, a worldview that expresses itself through a common language shared by more than 500 million people around the world.
Methods: Digital explanation, Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Socratic dialogue.
Activities: Local excursion included.
- Iberians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Carthaginians, Tartessians, and Romans.
- Al-Andalus: a crossroad of civilizations.
- America and Spain: the first globalization.
- Spain and Hispanic culture in the Contemporary world.
- Know the main traces of Spanish history and the Hispanic world.
- Discover the Hispanic world and its rich culture.
- Avoid the false historical myths and stereotypes about Spain or Hispanic culture.
- Analyze the richness of Spanish cultural heritage.
- Enjoy Spanish music, dance, folklore, traditions, and the main festival of Spain.
Book this course now!Do you like this course? Do you have a group of assistants in your school, educational centre or organisation to come to Spain? Book now and we will contact you as soon as possible to arrange all the details.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes