1 Week Course in Vélez-Málaga, Spain. Release: July / August 2022.
Erasmus+ Intercultural Dialogue and Peace culture in the schools Course
Intercultural Dialogue and Peace Culture in the schools. We live in a global world with people of different languages, traditions, and cultures living together and sharing the same space in increasingly open and diverse societies. Diversity is a challenge and an opportunity at the same time. It can produce problems of coexistence, or it could be an opportunity for learning and development. A fertile field of new ideas, cultural creativity, and economic enrichment.
Teachers of the 21st century have to cope with a growing diversity in their classrooms. Dealing with cultural diversity is perhaps the greatest pedagogical and educational challenge of their careers and the key to the success or failures of our future societies. Learning how to explore, discover, and take advantage of all the cultural diversity present in our classrooms can be used as an opportunity to enrich our teaching and avoid through exercises of critical thinking all kinds of identity obsessions, superficial stereotypes, clichés, and harmful ideologies disguised as traditions.
Methods: Digital explanation, Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Socratic dialogue.
Activities: Local excursion included.
- The great civilizations of human history.
- Culture, Religion, Nation, Tradition, and Identity.
- Learn to understand. Know to appreciate.
- I am a person, not a label. Personal dialogue.
- Here and there. Public space, and family private space.
- My identity. My decision, my choice.
- Building the intercultural classroom.
- Understand the basic characteristics of the different civilizations.
- Differentiate between ambiguous concepts and ideas: culture, nation, tradition.
- Establish direct dialogue with families and students.
- Create activities, works, and methodologies that integrate cultural wealth.
- Build learning spaces for peace, respect, and understanding.
Book this course now!Do you like this course? Do you have a group of assistants in your school, educational centre or organisation to come to Spain? Book now and we will contact you as soon as possible to arrange all the details.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes