1 Week Course in Vélez-Málaga, Spain. Release: July / August 2022.
Erasmus+ History of Spanish Literature Course
«¡Gracias sean dadas a Dios, señores, que a tan buena parte nos ha conducido! Porque, si yo no me engaño la tierra que pisamos es la de Vélez Málaga» proclaimed Don Quixote when he arrived to Vélez-Málaga.
Vélez-Málaga is a literary city that worked as an inspiration in several moments for the famous Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes and his universal work Don Quixote. Cervantes was living and working in Vélez-Málaga in Auturn of 1594. He fell in love so much with our city that he proclaimed that it was the “land of freedom” and he decided to introduce it inside the most famous book ever written in Spanish: Don Quixote.
Now you have the great opportunity to follow the steps of Don Quixote and get lost in its streets at the same time that you start a journey to discover the greatest genius of the Hispanic letters with Gabriel García Márquez, Federico García Lorca, Machado, Góngora, Quevedo, Bécquer, Rosalía de Castro, Borges, Calderón de la Barca, Lope de Vega, Rubén Darío, Juan Ramón Jiménez, Neruda, Camilo José Cela, Teresa of Avila, Juan de la Cruz, or Garcilaso de la Vega.
Methods: Digital explanation, Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Socratic dialogue.
Activities: Local excursion included.
- Introduction to the Spanish language.
- History and origins of Spanish language and literature.
- The Golden Age.
- Romanticism and Literary Realism.
- Generation’27. The Silver Age.
- Contemporary Literature in Spanish.
- Know the main periods of Hispanic literature.
- Discover the most iconic masterpiece of Hispanic literature.
- Understand the greatest writers in the Spanish language and their works.
- Enjoy Spanish music, dance, folklore, traditions, and the main festival of Spain.
Book this course now!Do you like this course? Do you have a group of assistants in your school, educational centre or organisation to come to Spain? Book now and we will contact you as soon as possible to arrange all the details.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes